RULES AND TIPS
Here we give you some general recommendations to make the routes as comfortable and pleasant as possible:
- Protective and comfortablesports shoes. Good socks and spare pairs.
- Trekking poles are recommended, which will help in long stretches, high rises and drops.
- You will fall in love with the magic of the surroundings.
- Canteen orCamelbak . You have to stay hydrated.
- Wear suitable clothing for the season of the year, in winter wear warm clothes since temperatures can be very low, especially in Prades.In spring and autumn, a lightweight jacket is recommended. In summer heat is prevalent throughout the day.
- Additionally, you should bring a sleeping bag or bed sheet, towel and everything you need to spend a few days outside.
- A little first aid kit does not go amiss either.Just in case you get blisters!
- If you have a GPS!We will upload the tracks of the route. A compass is also a good idea.
- Good company.It is always preferable that you are accompanied.
- And above all … desire and enthusiasm for having fun and enjoying a privileged area.
It is important to keep in mind:
- Plan the route well and try to have updated maps.
- Stay informed of the weather conditions. As they can affect an essential part of the route, as in the case of rain, you should keep an eye on not slipping on the stones and in case of fog you do not access the Sierra Major
- If any accident happens, keep calm and call the number for emergencies: 112, giving in detail what has happened.Emergency services will soon be despatched.
- Help keep the environment clean.Take away rubbish and dispose of it selectively in the closest suitable containers.
- Prohibited to light fires!An oversight can destroy what nature has taken hundreds of years to create.
- Respect the flora and fauna of the environment.Observe nature without disturbing it.
- It is expressly prohibited to plant or release plant or animal species without authorization.
- Do not harvest plants, some are protected and we have the responsibility to keep them.
- Respect private property.The mountains and the forests have owners. Respect hedges, crops and other private property infrastructures.
- Follow signs established by natural parks and rural agents.The staff accredited by the Park, the owners and residents of the lands.
- Avoid unnecessary noise that can disturb the tranquillity of the spaces and affect wildlife.Silence is a value that must be preserved.